My new tab goes directly to this Bing/Express Files search engine and I can't figure out how to make it go to default homepage or the original new tab settings
My default homepage is set to google, as is my toolbar search engine, but I cannot figure out how to change my tab homepage. I would like it to either go to my default homepage or show the original new tabs option where there is thumbnails of my most visited sites. I will take either of these as this stupid bing or express files search engine thing that pops up whenever I open a new tab is starting to get on my last nerve. I have tried using the add-on for tab homepage but that also seems to be unsuccessful.
Additional System Details
- Conduit Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.6
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.527
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2066
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
You can check the value of the browser.newtab.url pref on the about:config page.
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
If you do not keep changes after a restart then see: