Can't see my Firefox window and tabs, but they are somehow open
Yesterday I had a single Firefox window (with approx. 20 tabs) open, and then the window disappeared. I figured that I'd lost all my tabs.
When I opened a new window, and attempted to check my Outlook mail, I got the message "There was a problem opening your mailbox. You may have already signed in to Outlook Web App on a different browser tab. If so, close this tab and return to the other tab." I am now hearing a *ding* whenever I get a new email. However, I cannot find the window or tab in which my Outlook is open! It's like the Firefox window is invisible or hiding somewhere.
If possible, I'd like to locate this invisible Firefox window, and not have to re-locate all the websites I had open in the tabs. I've opened the Windows Task Manager, but it doesn't show any open Firefox applications.
Any ideas? Where is this open Firefox window hiding?
Additional System Details
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- Version 18.104.22.16892
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.2"
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- The Hulu Desktop Plugin allows Hulu.com to integrate with the Hulu Desktop application.
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
hello, can you access this "ghost window" when you launch firefox in safemode once?
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Thank you much!