Drop Down menus on Kickstarter.com don't work anymore
I've been using Aurora for a while now, with no issues with this site, I think it even worked fine on an early version of 20.0a2, but a recent update has caused an annoying issue on kickstarter.com. Usually if you click on one of the three icons in the top right corner a drop down menu appears, however now when you click on them they take you to your profile page or your inbox, [whatever the icon corresponds to].
It works with IE, and on my iPhone, but not on Aurora. Not a major issue just an annoyance, as there are some sections you can only access on the drop down menu.
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.13.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.01
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.528
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2067
- Version 220.127.116.1130
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.15
- Google Update
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:20.0) Gecko/20130204 Firefox/20.0
The problem is even worse than described by the OP. Most Kickstarter pages have a FAQ at the bottom that displays the answers to common questions when you click on them. But now because of the disabled drop-down menus, the answers to these questions cannot be read at all.
In addition, using multiple Kickstarter tabs now is all screwy. For example, let's say I am browsing the various projects and open up three of them in three new tabs (let's call them projects A, B, and C). Then, I navigate to project A (the first new tab I opened), find that it interests me, and select the "Remind Me" button (the star icon located just below the project's main video). Before Firefox 19.0.2, clicking that button would bring up a small pop-up message that reads "Thanks. We'll remind you by email." Now, though, clicking the button causes the page for Project C (the third and final tab I opened) to load in the current tab.
- Edit: I am actually using 19.0.2 unlike the OP. But the problem is still there.
Modified by flang
Hy mate, the Aurora team fixed the issue a while ago, it's working fine in 21 alpha. Have you tried installing the Beta?
I've just installed the 20b6 beta version of Firefox and the problem is still there. Nothing's improved at all.
EDIT: I've found that the problem is caused by Ghostery and not Firefox itself. I have raised the issue in that community to find a solution.
Modified by flang
Still working in Aurora.