Google Maps will not load in 18.0.1
I recently updated to Firefox 18.0.1 on my Macbook Pro, and I have noticed a few issues;
1) Google Maps won't function, I can load up a map, but is stays with a 'Loading...' and then 'Still loading... Slow? Use the troubleshooting guide or basic HTML.' message. I have performed the steps provided in troubleshooting to no avail
2) Problem viewing thumbnail videos on the right hand side bar of YouTube. Usually I am able to see the video thumbnails, but I have noticed it now does not show an image at all
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- aliedit for cocoa
- View PDF documents within your web browser.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Office Live Update v1.0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
You can check for problems caused by recent Flash updates and try these:
- disable a possible RealPlayer Browser Record Plugin extension for Firefox and update the RealPlayer if installed
- disable protected mode in Flash 11.3 and later
- disable hardware acceleration in the Flash plugin