How come I now only get a couple of web sites that do not contain anything to do with the site I am trying to find, I no longer get a few pages of web sites
When using Firefox I used to be able to type in say RCI Vacations and end up with at least a couple of pages of web addresses to choose from and it would contain the web address I was after. I now only get to or three web addresses and none that give me the RCI site just wed addresses such as ask jeeves etc. It is driving me crazy
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_37 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- McAfee Virtual Technician plugin for Mozilla (Gecko Version: 1.8b1)
- DjVu browser plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Citrix ICA Client Plugin (Win32)
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Try the Firefox SafeMode to see how it works there.
A troubleshooting mode, which disables most Add-ons.
Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Firefox SafeMode
When in Safe Mode...
- The status of plug-ins is not affected.
- Custom preferences are not affected.
- All extensions are disabled.
- The default theme is used, without a persona.
- userChrome.css and userContent.css are ignored.
- The default toolbar layout is used.
- Hardware acceleration is disabled.
- You can open the Firefox 15.0+ SafeMode by holding the Shft key when you use the Firefox desktop or Start menu shortcut.
- Or use the Help menu item, click on Restart with Add-ons Disabled... while Firefox is running.
To exit the Firefox Safe Mode, just close Firefox and wait a few seconds before using the Firefox shortcut (without the Shft key) to open it again.
If it is good in the Firefox SafeMode, your problem is probably caused by an extension, and you need to figure out which one.
Or it might be caused by Hardware Acceleration.
When you figure out what is causing that, please let us know. It might help other user's who have that problem.