my icons at the top of page for external programs like torrents, skype etc are dimmed and won't line up what is the problem?
at the top of the browser i have icons for external plugins like skype and lastpass and torrent finder etc. these are no longer available i can faintly see the icons but are spread out and dimmed. i can't figure out how to fix it or why it is happening.
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- Version 126.96.36.19912
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- CouponNetwork Coupon Activator
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Dragon NaturallySpeaking Rich Internet Application Support - Plugin
- Windows Activation Technologies Plugin for Mozilla
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.2
- Unity Player 3.4.0f5
- 188.8.131.52 - The WorldWinner plug-in allows you to enjoy online casual games with the thrill of playing for cash and prizes
- Comrade Plugin
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- Contribute Firefox IBE Plugin DLL
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Citrix ICA Client Plugin (Win32)
- Office Live Update v1.4
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/17.0 Firefox/17.0
i've cleared the cache and opened and closed browser rebooted etc and nothing works.
This is really weird. Could you provide us with a screenshot as well as could you please update to version 18.0 to see if this issue is fixed?
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
Try to disable hardware acceleration in Firefox.
- Tools > Options > Advanced > General > Browsing: "Use hardware acceleration when available"
here is the screen shot of the top portion and even my zynga toolbar or any other links are gone i had to put new ones in because they were gone too.
thanks for checking this out!