If you're no longer using a Firefox Account on a particular device (especially when you're giving access to your computer to someone else), please sign out of Firefox Accounts to make sure nobody can access your synced bookmarks, passwords, add-ons and history.
Beginning in Firefox version 82 you can also delete your synced data from that device when you sign out.
Table of Contents
Sign out of your Firefox Account on a device
- Click on the menu button to open the menu panel.
- Click on your Firefox Account (email address).
- Click on Account Settings underneath your email address.
- Click .
- To delete your synced information from that installation, put a checkbox next to Delete data from this device (logins, passwords, history, bookmarks, etc.)
What does "Delete data from this device" do?
If you enable this checkbox when signing out you delete your data on the device, this includes:
- Synced data from the computer
- Cookies and Cache
- Browsing and download history
This button will also not delete the following information from the device:
- Website permissions
- Modified preferences
- Download actions
- Toolbar customization
- Security certificates
If you’d like to remove this information, please see Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings