Latest Java not detected in latest Firefox! (Plugin not found)
ive reinstalled it a million times. I also tried cleaning the registry.
Additional System Details
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Nokia Suite Enabler Plugin
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.118
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1687
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1245
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
java 7 update 10
Are you installing the 64 bit or the 32 bit Java? Firefox only works with 32 bit java. http://ninite.com/java/ninite.exe will give you both installers (make sure Firefox is closed first)
If Firefox doesn't find the Java plugin then it is possible that the Java installed didn't create the required registry key that Firefox checks to scan for plugins. 32 bit Windows:
64 bit Windows:
Yep. Installed/Reinstalled both 64-bit and 32-bit versions. Both work with 64-bit and 32-bit Internet Explorer but not on Firefox (32-bit only, of course).
Do you recommend me make my own registry key then? will it cause any issue upon updating, reinstalling, or uninstalling Java in the future?