Middle click not opening link in new tab. Windows 7 Firefox 17.0.1
Middle click suddenly stopped opening new tabs when links are clicked on. I was running 16, but updated to 17 (latest) to try to fix the problem. I am using a Logitech mouse and keyboard. Worked until this week.
I really need this working again.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- IE Tab 2 Plug-in for Mozilla/Firefox
- Google Update
- Microsoft Lync 2010 Meeting Join Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.7.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- The Hulu Desktop Plugin allows Hulu.com to integrate with the Hulu Desktop application.
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
I have disabled all add-ins, restarted and restarted into safemode. None of these have made a difference. IN about:config the following are set for middle:
Have also tried with the following set:
Have also tried both settings of:
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do not click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.