why does firefox ignore the exceptions I entered and disallow pop ups from sites that I have listed to be "allowed"
sometimes the pop up blocker allows the exceptions I have listed but most of the time it does not. Is there any way to fix it so that it always allows the exceptions?
Additional System Details
- Nielsen FirefoxTracker Plug-in
- npAPI Plugin
- npAPI Ghost Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- MindSpark Toolbar Platform Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.118
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- CouponXplorer Installer Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1680
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
It is possible that you run into this pop-up maximum (the default value is 20).
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do not click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
I have not exceeded 20...and most of the time it acts like there is no "exceptions" list at all...but once in a while it works correctly.
Did you try Safe mode?
Firefox usually doesn't block pop-ups, especially if you allow them, but extensions and some security software can block pop-ups.
Modified by cor-el