Message box on lower right saying "browser setting change - An unknown change was detected on your browser searcg settings: with the choice "KEEP CURRENT etrc.
Using Firefox 17.0.1 I get a pop-up message box on the lower right saying: Browser settings change An unknown change was detected on your browser's search settings (2 choices) Keep my current settings I am aware of this change and approve it
Selecting either choice ans clicking YES does nothing Clicking the X (exit) box does nothing. If I hover the cursor over the Firefox icon in the tray and move the cursor to the X box and click, the message box disappears, but comes back in a short while even if the browser has been inactive or even closed. What is this and how do I get rid of it? I have Firefox on other computers without this issue.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_35 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- The Hulu Desktop Plugin allows Hulu.com to integrate with the Hulu Desktop application.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do not click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
You may also have security software or malware that is causing this pop-up.