bing.com buttons dont work if the image is animated. Firefox 17.0.1
I browse to http://www.bing.com. If the background image is animated (i.e. its 'live' meaning that it moves in some way) the buttons in the lower right for info, pause, full screen, etc do not work.Same goes for the top left where it has links (images, videos, maps, news, etc...). This also includes the 'popular now' bar. Everything on the page is not 'clickable' at all. This ONLY happens with live backgrounds. I have no problems when the image is static. Very frustrating. Please help!
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Google Update
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- Version 18.104.22.16812
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_37 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Windows Activation Technologies Plugin for Mozilla
- Autodesk Design Review Firefox Add-on v1.1
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
I imagine this will work. However this equates to the nuclear option for fixing the problem. I have made a number of changes to the about:config file over time to customize firefox and I haven't really kept track of them. Is there an easy way to know/export my changes specifically to the about:config file?
Firefox makes a backup of your old data on your desktop when you reset. In all likelyhood it's your about:config changes that are causing this problem anyway.
I know this question was asked a month ago, but I had the same problem so I thought I would throw this out there. The solution for me was to disable the Realplayer Downloader add-on.
I went down the list one by one, and that is the only one that means the difference between the links working and not working.
I keep it disabled until I need to use it.
Thanks jmd2119. I have to say I figured the answer out just a week or so ago but the Real Player Downloader add-on was absolutely the culprit. Disabling it fixes the problem. I will have to enable it just when I need it. Thanks.
Good to hear that it is a confirmed issue, not just me. Now the harder part is getting RealPlayer or Mozilla aware of the bug.