Facebook features work when using Internet Explorer but don't work in Firefox?
Firefox 17, Windows 7 64bit, Features in Facebook (Log out, open groups, & open messages) do not function using Firefox. Have tried clearing cache and cookies. Have tried starting Firefox without add-ons. Have tried using older versions of Firefox. Updated Flash. Facebook working normal with Internet Explorer.
No problem :)Read this answer in context 1
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/17.0 Firefox/17.0
You may also have to install Java: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre7u9-downloads-1859586.html
Please note that you have to install either Windows x86 Offline or Windows x86 Online.
If problems persist you can also reset Firefox and check.
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
I installed Java and the problem seemed to have not changed. I did a reset of Firefox and then my problem was resolved. Not sure if it was a combination of the two or just the reset. All is working. Thanks for the input.
No problem :)