TypeError:ToolbarControl.getSettingByType is not afunction keeps coming up over and over after updating firefox.
when i start up or go to any website TypeError:ToolbarControl.getSettingBYType is not a function keeps coming up over and over again. a box comes up to check saying it won't come up again and does over and over again. it doesn't matter what page i go to or what i am doing.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
i just updated on 11/20/2012 at 1:00 central stamdard time
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/17.0 Firefox/17.0
This issue can be caused by an extension that isn't working properly.
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do not click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.