How do I restore private browsing?
I want to restore the private browsing.Because I want to delete all the old history before it's disabled.Every time I try to delete history,I get a message from java script applications saying,this function is disabled.Well how do I fix it?
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.2"
- My Web Search Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Exent® AOD Gecko Plugin
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 18.104.22.168
- GoBit Games Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
(1) How are you trying to delete history? For example, there are different methods described in this article: Delete browsing, search and download history on Firefox.
(2) When mode are you in (regular browsing, private browsing) when you get the error message?
Firefox doesn't keep history when Private Browsing mode is active and you can also not remove personal history data that is stored on disk while PB mode is active.
Only current session data like session cookies and the memory cache can be cleared.
You will have to leave PB mode if you want to clear the history.