Do you have a version for Windows RT?
When do you expect to have a version that will run on the Windows RT platform?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- LogMeIn, Inc. Remote Access Components
- DivX Plus Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- AmazonMP3DownloaderPlugin 1.0.15
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1
hello dsgd47, unfortunately the artificial limitations microsoft has built-in into its operating system make it impossible for third-party browser vendors like mozilla to offer their product for the windows rt platform.
Actually, those are articles are from 5 months ago and they are no longer correct (if they ever were). Having worked on several apps myself for the RT, I have not seen anything that would cause such problems. (The programs used telnet, http, and DataGramSockets to talk over the net.) If this was REALLY a problem, I expect that the European Union and the Feds would have already come knocking at the door, given the anti-trust issues that MS had regarding IE over the past 20+ years.
I was hoping that we had gotten past the knee-jerk responses and had someone really look at the situation.
microsoft's standpoint might be that on ARM they're competing with ios and android and are far from any market share that comes close to a monopoly or a dominant position which would warrant for anti-trust action.
EU decision as of 10/25/2012 - https://www.pcworld.com/article/2013097/eu-antitrust-regulators-let-microsoft-limit-browsers-on-windows-rt.html
Statement from EU Commissioner in May 2012 (read the last 2 paragraphs, italized, particularly the last) - http://www.afterdawn.com/news/article.cfm/2012/05/20/eu_monitoring_microsoft_moves_on_windows_rt_browsers