This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
every time i open the browser and try to type in a serch engine or in the browser bar to go to a web site, firefox locks up wont do, anything
Every time i open fierfox, and go to type in the browser bar, or in any of the feilds on the web page, firefox locks up, i get a busy mouse, and if i try to click on anything on the web page , the screen on the browser dim's and it says not responding, in the top of the window. I can minimize the window, but thats's it. i go to x out of it, and i get a windows message of the program is not responding, will try to find a solution for this problem. Firefox worked just fine yeserday, and it has not updated sence then either.
All Replies (3)
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do not click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
You can also check for problems with the places.sqlite database file in the Firefox Profile Folder.
i wish that had worked, but i checked it all, and then even went as far as to reset firefox, but it's still happening, i disable all the plugins, and everything, and it's still happeneing! i even updated all add on's, still happening! but enternet explore works fine......this is soo frustrating!
Do a malware check with some malware scanning programs on the Windows computer.
You need to scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- http://www.superantispyware.com/ - SuperAntispyware
- http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx - Microsoft Safety Scanner
- http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx - Windows Defender: Home Page
- http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html - Spybot Search & Destroy
You can also do a check for a rootkit infection with TDSSKiller.
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked