MY LAPTOP IN FIREFOX SHOWS , THE PAGE CANNOT BE DISPLAYED, IT IS LOCKED ONTO THIS AND I CANNOT ACCESS ANY PROGRAMS?
My laptop, which I run in Firefox shows, THE PAGE CANNOT BE DISPLAYED. it is frozen on this page, i also have access to a notebook pc, so i can download a link via usb if required.
The problem I have is not with this PC, but with my Compaq laptop. The page is frozen and I cannot access any other part of my system to do a reset to an earlier time.
Modified by billtwhiz
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_34 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Motive Plugin for Mozilla Browsers
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:6.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0.1
Well, first the Version of Firefox you are running is extremely old and out of date. Let's try the following to get your Firefox back up and working:
Scan for Malware
Sometimes a problem with Firefox may be a result of malware installed on your computer, that you may not be aware of.
You can try some of the following programs to scan for malware:
- MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware
- TDSSKiller - AntiRootkit Utility
- Microsoft Security Essentials (A good permanent anti-virus if you don't already have one)
Further information can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware article.
After Scanning for malware, you have several things that are very out of date and are leaving you very vulnerable to viruses.
First, update Firefox to Firefox 15.0.1 Update Firefox to the latest version.
Then update your plugins. http://www.mozilla.org/plugincheck/
Finally, update Windows. windowsupdate.microsoft.com
Reset Firefox Finally, if this still doesn't work, try to Reset Firefox. Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings