How can i remove hao123
Firefox is my default browser, but every time I log in again it is replaced by th.hao123.. How can I remove hao123 from my pc?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_35 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.2"
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- LiveVDO plug-in
- Winamp Application Detector
- Office Live Update v1.5
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0.1
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Is that a page that opens when you start Firefox?
Did you check the home page setting?
If you do not keep changes after a restart then see:
You can do a malware check with some malware scanning programs on the Windows computer.
You need to scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- http://www.superantispyware.com/ - SuperAntispyware
- http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx - Microsoft Safety Scanner
- http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx - Windows Defender: Home Page
- http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html - Spybot Search & Destroy
You can also do a check for a rootkit infection with TDSSKiller.
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked
To reset Firefox didn't help at all. When I log in I get hao123, in spite of setting Mozilla Firefox as default and my homepage.
I used Super Anti Spyware, Malwarebytes Anti Malware, Kaspersky tdsskiller, Microsoft Safety Scanner, Windows Defender, Spybot Search and Destroy, Glary Utilities and AVG2012. I resetted Mozilla Firefox, but I still have hao123 as my browser instead of Firefox when I open Mozilla Firefox.
Can you attach a screenshot?
Use a compressed image type like PNG or JPG to save the screenshot.
My Mozilla Firefox web browser has been hi-jacked by hao123. I tried everything to remove it, I resetted Mozilla Firefox as my default browser and deleted hao123 many times, I looked it up in the Windows uninstall program but it wasn't there, I used Super Anti Spyware, Microsoft Safety Scanner, Malware bytes Anti Malware, Kaspersky tdsskiller, Glary utilities, AVG 2012, but all those programs could not find it. I have added a screenshot so you can see how it looks like. Who can help me to get rid of hao123?
if ur a vista/7 user type regedit in the start menu and open the registry editor search for hao123
delete the keys that includes hao123
u will meet a key called start page ... just change it to what ur homepage is ...and delete the rest ...
u probably got this when u were downloading free trail 3rd party greedy nonsense ... god bless no-ads no-spam open source
Modified by AMACOMX
How to remove homepage:
Eu consegui remover o HAO123 da aba inicial, mas não das abas seguintes. Elas continuam HAO. I fixed the initial tab to what I wanted, but the next tabs keep comming as HAO123.