drop down arrow at end of URL won't display recent websites
Using a MAC and just "upgraded" to Firefox 15.0.1. Previously, I was able to quickly select a website frequently used, such as facebook, simply by selecting the drop down arrow at the far right end of the URL line. Now when I select the drop down arrow or attempt to "star" a website, it simply blinks at me but doesn't drop down to display the previously and frequented sites for selection.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- DivX Plus Web Player version 22.214.171.124
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- RealPlayer Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0.1
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
You can check the urlbar.* prefs on the about:config page and reset all bold user set urlbar.* prefs to the default value via the right-click context menu -> Reset.
Check at least:
You can also check for problems with the preferences and if necessary rename or delete the prefs.js file and a possible user.js file to reset all prefs.