When attempting to use Firefox with TOR I get "Firefox is configured to use a proxy server that can't be found."even though neither is configured to use a prox
After installing TOR Browser Bundle 2.2.37-2, I get "Firefox is configured to use a proxy server that can't be found." even though neither is configured to use a proxy
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
After installing TOR Browser Bundle 2.2.37-2
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- Google Update
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.3
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Photodex Presenter Plugin 4,00,0,2462
- Winamp Application Detector
- The Hulu Desktop Plugin allows Hulu.com to integrate with the Hulu Desktop application.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:11.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/11.0
If the TOR Browser Bundle is installed you would have two versions of Firefox: the original Mozilla Firefox and the customized TOR Firefox. You can try to start the Firefox that was installed by TOR. If you have security software (antivirus, firewall etc.) installed, you can try deleting all existing instances of TOR and TOR Firefox and its related processes/files in all the different configuration areas/modules of the security software like process monitoring, sub/spawned process control, virtualization etc. in addition to the main AV/Firewall module. Instead create new fully allowed/trusted rules for TOR and TOR Firefox + its related processes. Even otherwise some security software may also ask again when TOR/TOR Firefox is started and you can try to allow/trust at that time. Please see this.