I have noticed that Gmail has stopped working with my latest Firefox Update (15). Is anyone else having this issue?
It starts the loading screen and then hangs...
Additional System Details
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.16
- Version 126.96.36.19900
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- Google Update
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Plugin for Wacom tablets.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.3
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_31 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Unity Player 3.5.0f6
- DivX Plus Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- ESN Launch Mozilla Plugin
- ESN Sonar Mozilla Plugin
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Wacom Dynamic Link Library
- Pando Web Plugin
- Office Live Update v1.5
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Media Go plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0
No problems here. Try clearing your cache and cookies.
- Open the Tools menu, then select Clear Recent History.
- In the Time Range to clear drop-down, select Everything.
- Click the arrow next to Details to display the list of items that can be cleared.
- Select both Cookies and Cache.
- Click Clear Now.
I tend to not store cookies or history to begin with - and that was the first thing I tried with this issue.
So far only gmail is affected.
If you close Firefox, then start Firefox in Safe Mode, does the problem still occur? To start in Safe Mode, go to Help > Restart with Add-ons Disabled.
If the problem does not occur in Safe Mode, then you can disable your extensions one-by-one until you find out which one is causing the problem. See Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems.
If that doesn't work, we'll need some more info about your Firefox setup. Go to Help > Troubleshooting Information then click Copy all to Clipboard. Open a reply to this post, and go to Edit > Paste to paste the info from your Troubleshooting Information page.
The Gmail site may not be working properly with cookies disabled (blocked).
Reload web page(s) and bypass the cache to refresh possibly outdated or corrupted files.
- Press and hold Shift and left-click the Reload button.
- Press "Ctrl + F5" or press "Ctrl + Shift + R" (Windows,Linux)
- Press "Cmd + Shift + R" (MAC)
You can also try to reset the preferences if there are other changes made from the default.
That did the trick. It was weird - I had 4 extensions called "Save As 2.4" loaded for whatever reason. Time to run a malware scan I guess...