How do I change the default search engine of the Firefox start page in 14.0?
It's pretty much said in the title. It's using Bing, and I'd much rather use Google. Firefox 14.0.1 to be specific. I've already tried all the Scratchpad stuff and I've used the about:config - keyword.url tweak.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.5.1 for Mozilla browsers
- Logitech Device Detection
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1
No, it doesn't. Sorry, I should've said that I've already tried that.
Alright, then Try to Reset Firefox. Reset Firefox – easily fix most problems
Wonderful, thank you very much. And it didn't even reset my important bookmarks.
You can reset the browser.startup.homepage_override.mstone pref via the right-click context menu to the default on the about:config page and close and restart Firefox to restore the about:home page to its default.
- Open the about:config page via the location bar
- Type in the Filter bar: mstone
- Right-click the browser.startup.homepage_override.mstone line and select: Reset
- Close and restart Firefox
If this didn't help then delete the delete the chromeappsstore.sqlite file in the Firefox Profile Folder and repeat the above.
Note that a "Reset" creates a new profile and tries to import some settings from the old profile leaving the old profile intact, including the cache folder (about:cache) that can take up to 1 GB.