Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved Archived

Just upgraded to FF 12 from FF 3.6 and most of my favicons are now dotted line squares. Any way to get the favicons associated with each web site to load?

shawje

Just upgraded to FF 12 from FF 3.6 and most of my favicons are now dotted line squares. Any way to get the favicons associated with each web site to load? I've seen some suggested code to add but I'm not web code savvy. Thanx!

Just upgraded to FF 12 from FF 3.6 and most of my favicons are now dotted line squares. Any way to get the favicons associated with each web site to load? I've seen some suggested code to add but I'm not web code savvy. Thanx!

All Replies (2)

Chosen Solution

The CheckPlaces extension can restore favicons. It is also great for checking bookmarks to ensure that they are still valid.

Thanx! I'll give it a try.