Browsing history is not being recorded.
Browsing history stopped being recorded. Yes, I've set it to record history. And yes, I've checked the questions here and I've tried creating a new database and all it did was delete my entire history. Then it recorded history for some time and now it stopped recording again. Any help?
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.0
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.2
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:11.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/11.0
Have you checked to see if you are in Private Browsing mode?
You might also want to look at the article How to fix preferences that won't save.
Hopefully this helps!
Already checked those too. I'm not a newbie...
Which security software (firewall, anti-virus) do you have?
If you use cleanup software like CCleaner then check the settings for the Firefox application.
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
Create a new profile as a test to check if your current profile is causing the problems.
See "Basic Troubleshooting: Make a new profile":
There may be extensions and plugins installed by default in a new profile, so check that in "Tools > Add-ons > Extensions & Plugins" in case there are still problems.
If that new profile works then you can transfer some files from the old profile to that new profile, but be careful not to copy corrupted files.