How to use Translate This! 1.8
I installed Translate This! 1.8, but no icon has appeared in my add-ons toolbar and there is no entry in the Tools menu after restarting Firefox. If I select text and right click, the menu does not list translate either. Under View>Toolbars>Customize, there is no icon shown for the add-on. So how do I use this add-on? Where is it? I am using Firefox 10.
Ok, this is weird. I rebooted again and now it is working. Why I had to reboot twice and reopen Firefox yet again before Translate 1.8 would work is a mystery. Must be the phase of the moon or something.Read this answer in context 1
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Autofill Engine for Gecko and Webkit-based web browsers
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_29 for Mozilla browsers
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- CouponNetwork Coupon Activator
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:10.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0
Hilite a word, sentence or paragraph(s), then right-click and select "Translate Selection" in the context menu.
As I mentioned in the original post, when I select text and right click, there is no "translate" in the menu.
Running FF 10 and Translate 1.8 and at the bottom of the right-click context menu is "Translate This - Selection". It only appears in the menu if something is hilited. No idea at the moment why this isn't working for you. Try it on the text in one of the replies here.
Ok, this is weird. I rebooted again and now it is working. Why I had to reboot twice and reopen Firefox yet again before Translate 1.8 would work is a mystery. Must be the phase of the moon or something.
Try to uninstall and reinstall the extension.
You may also have other extension interfering, so you can try to disable all other extensions to see if that helps.