Incompatible Norton tool bar
How do I go back to the last version in the 9 series? I need my Norton toolbar, but it doesn't work with FF10. I tried the forcing, but that doesn't work. All my logons are stored in Norton.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.0"
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_29 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:10.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0
There are a lot of benefits to running the latest version of Firefox. You might want to check out the Nightly Tester Tools add-on to force compatibility. Use it at your own risk though!
If you still want to roll back to a previous version of Firefox, just take a look at the Knowledge Base article Install an older version of Firefox.
Hopefully this helps!
btw Norton released patch for Firefox 10 already, See:
if you are still having problem, please open a support ticket, or create an account to Norton Forum and ask them whats up :) Good Luck!
Can you try doing a live update of Norton? http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/Firefox-10-Support-for-Norton-Toolbar/m-p/648241/highlight/true#M192860
Let me know if you need more help, Michelle