can't get rid of Custom search menu wizard
Additional System Details
- Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Picasa plugin.
- Unity Web Player lets you experience dazzling interactive 3D right in your browser. For more information, visit Unity .
- RealPlayer Plugin
- Allows webpages to support pressure-sensitive drawing on Wacom pen tablets.
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r85
- Yahoo! Installer Plug-in provides application installation support
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20111212 Firefox/3.6.25
The problem is with an Add-On called "Fast Video Download (with SearchMenu) 4.1.5
As soon as you disable or uninstall this, the dreaded message is gone!
Under Tools Menu / Add-On's / Fast Video Download / Disable or Uninstall Restart FireFox (PROBLEM SOLVED!!!)
Thank you so very much!!! It was very helpful and thanks for the quick reply. Great work!
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.
I never had trouble with FVD but as soon as I installed a FF addon called 100 Search Engines for Firefox the custom wizard (in Google) opened up spontaneously instead and hung and could not be dislodged. I finally had to do a System Restore to a point before the addon (Windows Vista) to get rid of the thing. Disabling all addons in FF in Safe Mode did not do anything to relieve the problem either. So watch out for 100 Search Engines addon in case that starts the problem going. Would appreciate any further info on this. I do notice now that FVD is no longer in my extensions (tho it was before the problem started). Best to leave it off for now as it may be broken. Memo to Self: Always, always create a manual System Restore before any changes that may be a problem. Then you can always go home again easily.
Modified by claudchu1
Hello! Please, help me delete this awful message! I disable SearchMenu, restart Mozilla, but it's still on and I don't know what to do...Please, help! Thank you!
Oh, thank you! It helped now. But as I understand we can't use FVD without this disgusting message?
Thank you for your time Maria dej!
I'm just curious, when you downloaded FVD, did it tell you it was going to do this? Was this a recent update of theirs?
Ok, so it seems to be a recent update of theirs that broke the 3.6 version of their add-on. You can update to the latest version of Firefox at: http://www.mozilla.org/firefox
Problem solved: disable Fast Video Download. Unfortunately now the plugin dos'nt work. Thanks