Hallo, my Firefox browser wont load youtube for some reason, the explorer will. I have tries to change the proxy setings as the firefox help center suggested, but to no avail. Also no updates were installed on firefox that I'm aware of. pleas help me.
For some reason firefox has stopped loading the youtube site for me. I can watch videos other people uploaded to facebook for example, but cant get into the site. the explorer will load the site, so I've tried changing the proxy settings in my firefox as recommended in the help center, but to no avail. Also there was no update installed that I'm aware of, getting to youtube through any link will simply give me an error message saying the connection was reset while the page was loading. pleas help me.
Thank you, I looked at the help center's articles again and fixed the problem by clearing all cookie and cache history. So this question is no longer relevant. But thank you.Read this answer in context 6
Additional System Details
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.1
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Detector for the Onlive Game Client
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- Picasa plugin
- DivX Web Player version 22.214.171.124
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:7.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/7.0.1
Upgrade your browser to Firefox 9 and check
Thank you, I looked at the help center's articles again and fixed the problem by clearing all cookie and cache history. So this question is no longer relevant. But thank you.
Hi, the topics are listed under Fix problems with websites like Facebook, YouTube and webmail :
- I have flash player plug in and I can't watch youtube.com movies.
- My Firefox browser wont load youtube for some reason.
- Youtube videos are blank black screen only on my firefox browser.
& like TonyE said, it's possible to turn off Flash hardware acceleration & also to try the Adobe Labs Beta version and finally, to turn off the hang detector. This is indexed on that page as: "The Adobe Flash plugin has crashed - Firefox 3.6.4 and above" & there are links explaining how to go about it.
Hope it helps (and please don't forget to rate the reply as Helpful, if you find it useful, tnx! :))
I had trouble with youtube and cleared all history and cache. This cleared up the problem(s).