Youtube videos are blank black screen only on my firefox browser.
I can't play any youtube videos on my firefox. All my programs are update to date. Also youtube videos are working for my internet explorer but not on my firefox. I have the latest version 3.6.13
I'm on a PC 32 bit home basic vista.
Modified by helpthisgame
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the add-ons is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Tools > Add-ons > Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
- Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems
- Troubleshoot issues with plugins like Flash or Java to fix common Firefox problems
If it does work in Safe-mode then disable all extensions and then try to find which is causing it by enabling one at a time until the problem reappears.
- Use "Disable all add-ons" on the Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode start window to disable all extensions.
- Close and restart Firefox after each change via "File > Exit" (Mac: "Firefox > Quit"; Linux: "File > Quit")
Additional System Details
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- LogMeIn, Inc. Remote Access Components
- ijji Web Launching Plugin for FireFox
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.1"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- DivX Web Player version 126.96.36.199
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Live Update v1.3
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Version 0.9.18, Copyright 2006-2009 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Version 0.9.18, copyright 2006-2010 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Version 1.1.5, copyright 1996-2010 The VideoLAN Teamhttp://www.videolan.org/
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20101203 BTRS30790 Firefox/3.6.13 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
I can't play any youtube videos on my firefox. All my programs are update to date. Also youtube videos are working for my internet explorer but not on my firefox.
I followed the suggestion of clearing cache and cookies and it worked a treat. Open Firefox, click on TOOLS in the top bar, click CLEAR RECENT HISTORY, set TIME RANGE to EVERYTHING, select COOKIES and CACHE then hit CLEAR NOW......BINGO (I hope).
What is the problem with Adobe flash + Firefox??? If I can play a Youtube video, I can't load pix on FB (or elsewhere). I have a Mac (OS X 10.6.8). When I fix one piece, the other remains a problem. I have removed, reloaded, cleared cookies, etc. repeatedly. Help. I could use Chrome and none of this would be a problem but I prefer to use Firefox, although...
I found this only partially helpful.
helpthisgame posted a year ago and the post is now: Modified February 22, 2012.. Anyway, the newest Firefox is a whole different version. To help fix Flash, there's the Beta; Currently @ http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer11-2.html
I tried the fix you suggested. It did not work. The link goes to Adobe Labs. Fine. I uninstalled Adobe. Then I installed Adobe and, I believe, 2 debuggers appropriate for Mac OS X (32-bit fix suggested for 32-bit and 64-bit).
It is not working. YouTube = blank screen. Please, any suggestions?
I am having the same problem. I checked if my plugins have updates and it says my flash has an update so I tried to get the update and it still says it can be updated. I've tried installing the update several times now. I've uninstalled firefox reinstalled. I've downloaded the firefox beta and still nothing works on youtube. All other sites work fine with videos. I did try disabling adblock also.
amplifier12, I'm not any sorta wiz' but the method I used , posted earlier in this thread' worked a treat, your prob' is pretty much the same as mine was, give it a try.
thanks, i am up and working, yeah
thanks up and running yeah
By all means read the tips in this thread, and if one works mark it as helpful, but this thread is a year old and so if you wish to ask a question you would be better starting your own new thread by asking a new question.
Follow the prompts from /questions/new <-- clickable link--
Strange I thought I already cleared that but now it works fine. Thanks