sound does not work on Firefox but my computer sound and sound on Internet Explorer works
How do I get the sound to work on Firefox? My sound works fine on my computer with Windows Media Player and it works fine on Internet Explorer.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
about a month ago
- AmazonMP3DownloaderPlugin 1.0.15
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_29 for Mozilla browsers
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Virtual Earth 3D 4.00100226006 plugin for Mozilla
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:9.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0.1
You can click the Volume icon on the Windows Taskbar near the clock and click the Mixer link at the bottom to open the mixer.
You can adjust the volume level for each application in that window, so make sure that Firefox is not muted or set at a low level.
Current Firefox versions use the plugin-container process to run plugins, so you need to check the volume setting for the plugin-container process.
You will only see the Firefox program or the Plugin Container in the Mixer if you are on a website that plays sound.
Modified by cor-el