juego.com keeps opening tabs in Firefox. How do I get rid of it please?
I have tried deleting cookies, clearing history and re-installing Firefox but nothing helps. Every time I open Firefox juego.com opens a tab with a publicity advert.
I have scanned the computer but no threats are found.
Please can someone tell me how to get rid of this pest? TIA wendy
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_29 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- Wacom Dynamic Link Library
- Reader Library Helper Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:9.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0.1
Do a malware check with some malware scanning programs on the Windows computer.
You need to scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- http://www.superantispyware.com/ - SuperAntispyware
- http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx - Microsoft Safety Scanner
- http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx - Windows Defender: Home Page
- http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html - Spybot Search & Destroy
- http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php - Ad-Aware Free
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked
Well... The solution for Windows does not work for me... I use linux.
If I set (in preferences, when firefox starts) the option "Show a blank page", the site juego.com is not loaded.
For the other two options (Show my home page OR Show my windows and tabs from last time)... If I set the Home Page: as "blank", the site is loaded. If I set the Home Page: as "Mozilla Firefox Start Page", a blank page is loaded.
PS: The problem just happen when I close the Firefox with just one blank tab.
Firefox 11.0 with the option "Don't load tabs until selected" marked.
Modified by gripp
It is possible that there is a problem with the files sessionstore.js and sessionstore.bak in the Firefox Profile Folder.
Delete the sessionstore.js file and possible sessionstore-##.js files with a number and sessionstore.bak in the Firefox Profile Folder.
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Open Containing Folder
Deleting sessionstore.js will cause App Tabs and Tab Groups and open and closed (undo) tabs to get lost, so you will have to create them again (make a note or bookmark them).
Thanks for immediate response.
If Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Open Containing Folder should do something, did not (here).
Anyway... I removed ALL firefox configuration files. In fact, I removed the directory "~/.mozzila". After that, I start the firefox: no problems. I just change de options to "Show my windows and tabs from last time" and "Home Page:" as "blank" and..... same problem!
By chance, I found the problem... When I set "Home Page" as "blank", in fact I am saying that firefox should open the page www.blank.com, which rediretcs to www.juego.com. If I want that firefox open a blank page, I must say "about:blank" and not just "blank".
My problem is solved. Thanks.