(Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long)
I also loaded the latest version of Mozilla and also enabled "https" But still I get the same error code (Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long) when I tried to open below effected site.
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.0 r1
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_29 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Picasa plugin
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- MSN® Toolbar
- Office Live Update v1.3
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:7.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/7.0.1
I am running windows xp
425 255 1627
I have seen this before if you are getting internet access through a service that requires you to visit an page to sign in first (for instance if you are at a cafe). Trying going to a site such as cnn.com that doesn't use ssl and see if you get a sign in page.
I had no problem opening the cnn.com page without signing in The problem is not solved.
You can try to reset the router.
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox (Tools) > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
cor-el..Thanks for you effort, but it did not work in the Safe Mode.