Url Search not working
My question is about the url search. in the url bar...I type in a word eg. gmail and it would take me to the website www.gmail.com now it doesn't. google images shows what I see: http://blog.ponto-dot.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/nginx_welcome.jpg
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.0
- Winamp Application Detector
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.6
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Activation Technologies Plugin for Mozilla
- Office Live Update v1.5
- Google Update
- Version 1.1.11, copyright 1996-2011 The VideoLAN Teamhttp://www.videolan.org/
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:6.0.2) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0.2
Bring up about:config filter on keyword.URL and then right-click on the row the variable is on, and choose modify, tell us what it had and if not mozilla or google change its value to
- as seen on the MozillaZine page Location Bar search for a Google search.
- Also try filtering on nginx and on the ip address number you see when you bring it up.
Next check your hosts file with notepad, on Windows 7 via
- notepad c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
- to make actual changes you would have to run as Administrator
- Try using Find on nginx and on the ip address number you see when you bring it up
ok. my keyword.URL is http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&sourceid=navclient&gfns=1&q=
and when I filter for nginx there is nothing. There is also nothing in my c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts, witch I opened with notepad and searched nginx...found nothing.
any other things I should try... or must I uninstall firefox?
Thanks for the help.