Firefox hangs randomly
I've been having this problem for a couple weeks now. Firefox will hang randomly. I've disabled all my addons to narrow it down and even upgraded to FF 5.0.1 but I still have this issue.
Firefox hangs while browsing the internet. Sometimes, it happens when I click a bookmark in the toolbar, sometimes it happens when I click a link, and even when I'm just scrolling down a page. It does it on sites with flash and without flash, it doesn't seem to discriminate.
Anyway, I love firefox but this is just a killer. It's incredibly frustrating to be in a hurry and have to wait 30 seconds for the it to unfreeze. And..it just did it again as I was typing.
Additional System Details
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.5
- Version 188.8.131.52
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.0
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- HD View 184.108.40.206 Mozilla plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:5.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0.1
Never did find the cause; switched to Chrome and been happy ever since. Hangs can be caused by any number of things though so it's pretty broad question.
Modified by pheadxdll