Why can't I use the Yahoo! search function? I get the following message: "Bad Request (Invalid Hostname)"
I cannot search on Yahoo! but Google works fine (inasmuch as you can trust Google)
The simplest of searches yields "Bad Request (Invalid Hostname)" on the first try. I have gone through Yahoo!'s trouble shooting process w/o results.
Additional System Details
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.43.7
- Version 184.108.40.206
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Google Update
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r42
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_23 for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 220.127.116.11
- Motive Plugin for Mozilla Browsers
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1
I've tried all the Yahoo! help suggestions to no avail.
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Offline Storage (Cache): "Clear Now"
"Remove the Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Yahoo search engine still doesn't work, and Google does. Other programs on my computer are:
Norton Internet Security; Norton Utilities; Verizon In-home agent; (I don't use it, but have a Verizon wireless router); Windows Explorer (I reset it but still can't use Yahoo search even though Google works fine)
I am paranoid that some how the evil Google has sabotaged Yahoo search! HELP!!!
Modified by stalav