This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
How do I define the web location new tabs automatically open to?
Every time I open a new tab, Firefox automatically labels the new tab "Browser Search Start" which displays this YAHOO search web page: http://www.browsersearch.org/
I would like to be able to define for myself what web location new tabs automatically open to.
How do I do this?
All Replies (2)
Start Firefox in Diagnose Firefox issues using Troubleshoot Mode to check if one of the extensions is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox (Tools) > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
If it does work in Safe-mode then disable all extensions and then try to find which is causing it by enabling one at a time until the problem reappears.
- Use "Disable all add-ons" on the Diagnose Firefox issues using Troubleshoot Mode start window to disable all extensions.
- Close and restart Firefox after each change via "File > Exit" (Mac: "Firefox > Quit"; Linux: "File > Quit")
- NewTabURL : https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/newtaburl/
- New Tab Homepage : https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/new-tab-homepage/
I followed the above technique on Firefox 3.6.17 on Mac OSX 10.5.8 PPC G5 and the culprit was a VeeHD plug-in that you have to enable to watch video on that site.
Just thought I'd spread the news.