This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Is there a content advisor setting to block certain content?
Is there a content advisor setting to block certain content like IE has?
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.4"
- Default Plug-in
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r159
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20110420 Firefox/3.6.17
Firefox has no built-in option for blocking or filtering sites.
A few options for you.
- Install the FoxFilter add-on, the downside is add-ons are fairly easy to circumvent - https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/foxfilter/
- Another add-on that can filter content is the ProCon Latte Content Filter - https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/procon-latte/
- Install a 3rd-party parental control program such as the free K9 web protection - http://www.k9webprotection.com/
- Use the OpenDNS service, there is a free version, and with it you can filter content based on categories that you choose - http://www.opendns.com/