On my Firefox start page it won't let me do a search and there is nothing under the search bar? Is this normal?
On the main Firefox page I cannot use the search bar for to do a search. I have to use the one in the upper right corner? Is this normal?
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
As soon as I updated to this newest version.
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r153
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.3"
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1685
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
This issue can be caused by an extension that isn't working properly.
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the add-ons is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Tools > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
Thank you for your help. I tried all you suggested and everything that is listed in trouble shooting (have reset the tool bars etc.) and am still having the same issue?