Firefox won't open new tabs
The little plus next to the tabs does nothing when I press it, going to file and new tab won't open a new tab, and neither does using control t. The only way I can get a new tab to open is to click a link or I have to open a whole new window. How do I fix this?
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.4"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r85
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 18.104.22.168
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_17 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20110303 AskTbBT4/126.96.36.19990 Firefox/3.6.15
That can a problem with the Ask.com toolbar (Tools > Add-ons > Extensions)
Yep, cor-el was right on, I disabled the Ask.com toolbar, restarted firefox, then all New Tab controls worked again as they should... thanks cor-el
I disabled the Ask toolbar and I still was unable to use the new tab control. So, I had to uninstall the Ask toolbar from my 'Add / Remove Programs' list in the Control Panel.