Firefox start page opens up as new tab whenever my home page opens
I've changed the default home page to another website.
Whenever Firefox starts up, two tabs will open ie. my homepage and Firefox start page. While browsing on any tab, if I click ALT+HOME to go to homepage, a new tab opens again for the firefox start page.
Why is this happening? It didn't happen with older firefox browser versions.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
I installed firefox 3.6.13 on new notebook
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 184.108.40.206
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13
I have the same issue and figured it out. When you (and I) set our home pages, the Firefox start page was open also. Firefox takes every tab you have open when you set your home page. So close all but 1 tab and go to your desired home page and set it through the Tools>options>General tab. That fixed it for me.