Sponsored shortcuts is a feature available in English and in a few other languages (currently German, French, and Spanish). Mozilla works with advertising partners to place sponsored shortcuts on the default Firefox home page and New Tab page that would be useful to Firefox users. Mozilla is paid when users click on sponsored shortcuts.
Table of Contents
Who are Mozilla's advertising partners?
Privacy is fundamental to Mozilla's mission, and we only work with advertising partners that meet our privacy standards for Firefox. Our preferred partner is adMarketplace.
What data is shared?
When you view or click on a sponsored shortcut, Firefox sends anonymized technical data to our partner through a Mozilla-owned proxy service. The code for this proxy service is available on GitHub for interested technical audiences. This data does not include any personally identifying information and is only shared when you click on a sponsored shortcut.
How to delete a specific sponsored shortcut
You can disable a specific sponsored shortcut on desktop by taking the following steps:
- Hover over the shortcut until the three-dot menu icon appears.
- Open the menu and click
How to disable the feature
You can also disable sponsored shortcuts altogether.
- In the Menu bar at the top of the screen, click and select .Click the menu button and select .
- Select the panel.
- In the Firefox Home Content section, deselect
Firefox for Android
- Tap the menu button.
- Tap .
Firefox for iOS
- Tap the menu button at the bottom of the screen (the menu will be at the top right if you're using an iPad):
- Tap in the menu panel.
- Tap .
- Tap .
- Switch the toggle next to to the left to disable sponsored shortcuts.