Youtube videos not loading using Firefox
I recently started having a problem using firefox with youtube. I installed the Tamper Data add-on and restarted. After I restarted no youtube videos would load. They just sit with a black screen. I've tried clearing all cookies and restarting firefox. I've also tried disabling the Tamper Data extension but it does nothing. I updated adobe flash player as well. This does not happen on any other flash-based websites. All youtube videos work perfectly in IE and chrome. Thanks.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.0"
- Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Google Update
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13
I downloaded firefox 4 beta 11 and it seems to work fine. Apparently it has something to do with the old version not supporting some codec used with HTML5 on youtube.