Why did my Facebook page shrink without me prompting it? Why does my cursor "disappear" sometimes when I am e-mailing or posting?
I was on my Facebook page and the "crossbar" for shrinking or enlarging the page appeared for no reason. Then all of a sudden the page shrunk so small I can't even read it.
Also, sometimes when I am either e-mailing or posting, the cursor disappears. No matter how much I move around the keypad, it never re-appears. I've tried task manager and the cursor re-appears, but is frozen. The only way I can unlock it is to manually turn my computer off and re-start it.
Additional System Details
A few times a week
This started when...
I was on Facebook or in gmail.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- The Hulu Desktop Plugin allows Hulu.com to integrate with the Hulu Desktop application.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2062
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_23 for Mozilla browsers
- Bing Bar
- WildTangent Games App Presence Detector
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.3"
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13
I have an HP Pavilion dv6-3243cl Entertainment PC with Firefox 3.6 installed.
Thanks for your help anyone!!
Reset the page zoom on pages that cause problems: View > Zoom > Reset (Ctrl+0 (zero); Cmd+0 on Mac)
Thank you, thank you! Was driving me crazy! Appreciate your help!
Any clues as to why my cursor either disappears or freezes up?
You can try to start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the add-ons is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Tools > Add-ons > Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.