I can't log in to gmail (I know my password and user name), the page keeps refreshing, but I can log into gmail using Internet Explorer
I can log into gmail via Microsoft's Internet explorer so I know that my user name and password work. I have also added www.google.com to the list of allowable web sites in Firefox. The google account was started about two weeks ago and I had no trouble logging in until about 3 days ago. I have gone thru all the recovery steps suggested by google. I suspect that there is something between Firefox and google that needs fixing, but I do not know what.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.1"
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13
Try clearing the cache and deleting cookies for the gmail/google, this can sometimes help with accessing a site that previously worked. For details see How to clear the Firefox cache and Clear cookies and site data in Firefox.
I cleared all history and it worked. Thanks
Thanks! Worked for me also!