I can't find the fox for the custom personas option menu.
I want to wear my own custom persona for my firefox browser, nut I can't find the fox they are talking about. Quote:
"Option 1: Test on Your Own Computer
Within the Personas menu in the bottom left of the browser's status bar, you can enable an "offline" Persona on your own personal computer by enabling a setting within Preferences. In doing this, you can test your Personas before submitting them to the online catalog.
Follow these four steps to get the Custom Personas option up and running in your browser:
1. If you have Personas installed, click on the little fox on the bottom left of your computer screen and click on "Preferences" 2. Ensure the box "Show Custom Persona in Menu" is checked and close the box. 3. Click on the little fox again. Mouse over "Custom" in the menu and to the right find and click "Edit" 4. Build your Persona using the upload fields and additional settings." I can't find the fox. I have tried options and prefrences, but neither work. HELP!
Additional System Details
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.4"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r82
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20100914 Firefox/3.6.10
Firefox version 3.6.10
OS windows 7
NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.4"
The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
Shockwave Flash 10.1 r82
Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
Have you got the Personas Plus add-on installed? The icon is added by that add-on.
That add-on adds a fox icon to the left hand side of the status bar, alternatively you can access it by using the Personas entry on the Tools menu.
Firefox 3.6 versions have Personas support built-in, but that feature is part of the extension. If you do have the Personas Plus extension installed, is it up to date? A few versions of that extension (early summer this year) did away with that "Fox" button.
Thank you both!
@ TonyE: Thanks for the link! @ the edimeis: Thanks for clarifying that. I wondered why they would assume that you have an add-on installed and not tell you which one it was.
Loaded Personas Plus on two computers. Ran fine on one but not the other... the difference was that I had the Black Sheep extension on the other PC. After disabling Black Sheep the Personas Plus menu fired right up in the lower left hand corner. Black Sheep has been uninstalled but I left WinPcap on the PC which was supposedly required to run Black Sheep properly!
I tried looking up the Black Sheep extension in Fire Fox Add ons which is where I originally got it. Long one short... This was the security risk revolved around Fire Sheep. Did a search on both Fire Sheep and Black Sheep in Fire Fox add Ons and came up zero results! Anyway I hope this may help some Persona users!
Ah, I have a link for you... [http://techcrunch.com/2010/11/08/firesheep-blacksheep/]