No addons including the Compatibility Reporter will install in Firefox 4 Beta 2
I was just going to install the compatibility reporter for Firefox 4 Beta 2 but it won't install. It's made for this version of Firefox so why won't it work? I keep reinstalling Firefox but it still doesn't work.
Every time Firefox opened
== Firefox 4 Beta 2 was installed
Additional System Details
- -The Hulu Desktop Plugin allows Hulu.com to integrate with the Hulu Desktop application.
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 188.8.131.52
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.3"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:2.0b2) Gecko/20100720 Firefox/4.0b2 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0E)
Tab Mix Plus Beta
Do you get any feedback when you try to install the compatibility reporter? Anything in Tools -> Error Console after attempting to install it?
Do you see the confirmation box with the three second countdown when you try to install the add-on?
Try deleting these files in your profile folder:
- Go to Help > Troubleshooting Information, then click on Open Containing Folder. That will open Windows Explorer in your Firefox profile.
- Close Firefox
- Delete these files: extensions.ini, extensions.cache, extensions.rdf, extensions.sqlite
I tried to install the add on called home dash for Firefox 4.0 beta and now it wont open after it asked me to close it. Every time I try to open it it just shows loading over my mouse icon with a circle moving in a clockwise rotation. Then nothing happens no error message nothing as if I never clicked on the Firefox browser. I cant get rid of the add on cuss it wont open Firefox it was working fine before I installed the add on.
My computer is windows 7 Home premium 64-bit its a laptop with a Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500M with up to 1309MB total video memory for super-sharp images Its got a Intel Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU 3g of ram but supports up to 8
let me know if u need anymore info on my computer.
Try the Firefox SafeMode and disable that extension.