I need to start the BBC player with other web browser like crome and it works fine.
URL of affected sites
Cant get iPlayer to work these days since upgrade firefoxRead this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
- -Delivery Network Acceleration by BitTorrent™
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- Version 18.104.22.168
- BitTorrent Plugin 1
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 8.2.2
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- DivX Web Player version 22.214.171.124
- Picasa plugin
- Version 0.9.17, copyright 2008-2010 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Version 0.9.17, Copyright 2006-2009 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Version 0.9.17, copyright 2006-2010 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; es-ES; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20100625 Firefox/3.6.6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Cant get iPlayer to work these days since upgrade firefox
I have the same problem with BBC now that Firefox is upgraded
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of your add-ons is causing your problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Tools > Add-ons > Themes). See Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems and Troubleshoot issues with plugins like Flash or Java to fix common Firefox problems
If it does work in Safe-mode then disable all your extensions and then try to find which is causing it by enabling one at a time until the problem reappears. You can use "Disable all add-ons" on the Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode start window to disable all extensions. You have to close and restart Firefox after each change via "File > Exit" (Mac: "Firefox > Quit"; Linux: "File > Quit")
Tried all that and it still doesn't work; but STV player works OK
On ubuntu 10.10, i had to disable vlc media plugin. now i can stream any web radio station.
I'm not sure about the revelance, but it might help some people.