Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
This thread was closed and archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Locked Archived

Loss of Firefox "search" box

SuMo Bot

In the latest version of Firefox (89) I have lost the use of the Firefox search box (middle of Firefox home page). Each time I enter anything in this box, the search automatically reverts/switches to the browser search in the menu bar at the top of the page. Is there a fix for this as there's no point in having an option which can't be used?

In the latest version of Firefox (89) I have lost the use of the Firefox search box (middle of Firefox home page). Each time I enter anything in this box, the search automatically reverts/switches to the browser search in the menu bar at the top of the page. Is there a fix for this as there's no point in having an option which can't be used?

All Replies (1)

This question has been locked because the original author has deleted their account. While you can no longer post new replies, the existing content remains available for reference.