google redirecting to yahoo
So I love Firefox but recently have a serious issue. my homepage is google.com. it goes there but when i type in my search it redirects to yahoo. I looked up the problem on my phone and it gave me instructions to go into the firefox add-ons and delete the add-ons. However when i click add on it doesn't come up. I cannot get into my add ons. To sum it up, my google is redirected to yahoo even though my default search engine is google, and i cannot get into my add-on tab to delete a possible malicious add-on.
This is he article: https://sensorstechforum.com/google-redirects-yahoo-virus-remove/
All Replies (1)
Sorry to hear about this problem. If the Add-ons page is blank or blocked, you have to take an extra step to regain control. Here's how:
(1) Restart Firefox in its Safe Mode. That will temporarily deactivate extensions and reduce their interference with using Firefox features. You can restart Firefox in Safe Mode using either:
- "3-bar" menu button > "?" Help button > Restart with Add-ons Disabled
- (menu bar) Help menu > Restart with Add-ons Disabled
and OK the restart. A small dialog should appear. Click "Start in Safe Mode" (not Refresh).
(2) Open the Add-ons page. Either:
- Ctrl+Shift+a (Mac: Command+Shift+a)
- "3-bar" menu button (or Tools menu) > Add-ons
- type or paste about:addons in the address bar and press Enter/Return
In the left column of the Add-ons page, click Extensions. On the right side, find the "Manage Your Extensions" heading.
If there is at least one extension before the next heading -- "Recommended Extensions" -- please continue:
Then cast a critical eye over the list below that heading. Any extensions Firefox installs for built-in features are hidden from this page, so everything listed here is your choice (and your responsibility) to manage. Anything that mentions search or privacy, looks suspicious, or that you just do not remember installing or why? If in doubt, disable (or remove). For your privacy and security, don't let mystery programs linger here.
(3) Clean-up settings. You can check your home page, new tab, and default search engine settings on their respective sections of the Options page:
Finally, to leave Safe Mode, simply exit out of Firefox and start it up again normally.
Are you back in control?